New user interface to view metadata –API based deployments deployments status
In Spring 14 release Salesforce released new user interface to monitor deployments of metadata –API based deployments (1.e Ant deployment/Force.com IDE only, we cannot track change set deployment status here). This new user interface is very good to monitor the status or progress of the deployments. The deployment status will be automatically updated no need to refresh the screen to know the updated status of the deployments. In this new user interface we can see which component is in progress and we can see the status in graphical representation.
Using this new user interface, you can troubleshoot problems for a failed deployment by inspecting the returned errors and test failures, or you can find out about a long-running Apex test, among other things. In addition to this this new user interface lists queued deployments waiting for execution and deployments that have completed in the last 30 days.
Below image shows the new UI of monitoring deployment page in Salesforce.
For the current deployment (in progress deployment) it shows Deployment ID, Deployed By and Start Time. Now we can find Deploy components status and Run apex status. And we can see two different Lists of status, those are failed list of deployments and Succeeded list of deployments. Also we can find next queued deployments in this new deployment user interface.
Canceling a deployment: We can cancel the deployment while it’s in progress or in the queue by clicking cancel button next to the deployment. The deployment then has the status Cancel Requested until the deployment is completely canceled. A canceled deployment is listed in the failed section.
Completed Deployments: We can find the completed deployments in failed or succeeded sections depends on their status.Deployments that have finished but failed, and deployments that were canceled are listed in the failed section. No changes were committed to the organization for these deployments because files were missing, components had errors, tests failed, or the deployment was canceled.
Data abstraction is a mechanism of retrieving the essentials details without dealing with background details.
In real world we have three levels of abstractions. They are physical level abstractions. They are physical level abstraction, conceptual/level abstraction and view level abstraction.
- Physical level abstraction is one, it always deals with physical organization architecture of the application. For example in real world an application designing of any problem comes under physical level abstraction.
- Conceptual/logical level abstraction is one it always deals with kind of data we are entering without dealing with physical architecture of the application. For example entering the data into the database, writing the coding and applying testing principle comes under conceptual level abstraction.
- View level abstraction deals with what kind of data we are retrieving without dealing with both conceptual level abstraction and physical level abstraction. For example retrieving the data from the database in various combinations. All internet users come under view level abstraction.
Object: In order to store the data for the data members of the class, we must create an object.
- Instance (instance is a mechanism of allocating sufficient amount of memory space for data members of a class) of a class is known as an object.
- Class variable is known as an object.
- Grouped item (grouped item is a variable which allows us to store more than one value) is known as an object.
- Value form of a class is known as an object.
- Blue print of a class is known as an object.
- Logical runtime entity is known as an object.
- Real world entities are called as objects.
Syntax to create an object:
<Classname> objectname = new <classname ()>
Classname represents name of the class. objectname represents JAVA valid variable name treated as object. New is called dynamic memory allocation operator.
classname() represents constructor. The new operator will perform two standard actions. They are
1. It allocates amount sufficient amount of memory space for the data members of the class.
2. It takes address of the class and stored in the left hand side variable of above syntax.
We can also create object in following way:
objName = new <classname ()>
When an object is declared where value is null. Since there is no memory space for data members of the class. When the object is referenced the value of the object is not null. Since memory space is created for the data members of the class.
Class: A class is a way of binding the data and associated methods in a single unit. Any JAVA program if we want to develop then that should be developed with respective class only.
In object oriented programing generally we write two types of methods. They are member methods and non-member methods.
- A member method is one which comes under the scope of the class. I java we use only member methods.
- Non-Member methods are those which are not comes under the scope of the class. JAVA does not allow non-member methods at all.
Syntax of Class:
In the above syntax Class is keyword which is used for developing or creating user defined data types. Classname represents a JAVA valid variable name and it is treated as name of the class. Class names are used for creating objects.
Class contains two parts: Variable Declaration and Method Definitions. Variable declaration represents what type of data members which we use as a part of the class. Method definition represents the type of methods which we used as the path of the class to perform an operation.
Example of class:
String getgrade ()
Whenever we define a class there is no memory space for data members of the class. Memory space will be created for the data members of the class when we create object.