Using force.com IDE
Using force.com IDE is very simple. How to create a simple project by using this tool?
1. Open Eclipse and go to file -> click on new and select force.com project & enter your project name and credentials.
2. After logging in, you can select metadata components to download.
3. After selecting metadata components click on finish. You will get all your selected metadata into your workspace. See below screen for reference.
4. How can I get latest changes from force.com server to IDE?
Go to components extracted from server earlier and right click and click on refresh from server to get latest changes to IDE.
Click on save to server to save latest changes from force.com IDE to server.
To deploy you changes from one org to other org click on deploy to server option.
This tool is very good tool to develop application in salesforce. We can deploy metadata changes and many more we can do by using this. After using this tool you will learn all features of this tool.
What is Force.com IDE? It is powerful tool, which is used to create/modify & deploying Salesforce applications.
How to install force.com IDE?
1. Install Java SE Development kit (JDK), Runtime environment – Force.com plug in will fail to load if you don’t have the full Java JDK.
2. Install eclipse.
3. After installing eclipse, launch eclipse and go to help and click on install software.
4. Click on add, in the add repository dialog window, set the name to “Force.com IDE” and give location to” http://media.developerforce.com/force-ide/eclipse42”. (This URL is for eclipse 4.2 & 4.3). Click on OK.
5. If you don’t have latest version of the software (java & eclipse), then clear the first checkbox the above screen details section. You will get all available versions of force.com IDE plug-ins & select the check box next to the force.com plug-in you want to install and click on next.
6. And click on next & accept terms and conditions and click on finish.
7. Eclipse downloads and installs the Force.com IDE and any other required dependencies. When install complete, you will be prompted to restart. Click yes.
8. When Eclipse restarts, select Window > Open Perspective > other, select Force.com and click OK.
Now you are ready to develop & customize Force.com applications in Eclipse. Use proxy settings when are working in secured networks. You can find this in General -> Network connection