Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers – 1
1. What is App in Sales force?
An app is a group of tabs that work as a unit to provide functionality. Users can switch between apps using the Force.com app drop-down menu at the top-right corner of every page.
You can customize existing apps to match the way you work, or build new apps by grouping standard and custom tabs.
Navigation to create app in Sales force: Setup ->Build ->Create->App-> Click on new and create your application according to your requirements.
2. What is object in Sales force?
Custom objects are database tables that allow you to store data specific to your organization in salesforce.com. You can use custom objects to extend salesforce.com functionality or to build new application functionality.
Once you have created a custom object, you can create a custom tab, custom related lists, reports, and dashboards for users to interact with the custom object data. You can also access custom object data through the Force.com API.
Navigation to create object in sales force: Setup->Build->Create->Object-> Click on new object and create object according to your requirement.
3. How many relationships included in SFDC & What are they?
We are having two types of relationships, they are
4. What is a “Lookup Relationship”?
This type of relationship links two objects together,
Up to 25 allowed for object
Parent is not a required field.
No impact on a security and access.
No impact on deletion.
Can be multiple layers deep.
Lookup field is not required.
5. What is “Master-Detail Relationship”?
Master Detail relationship is the Parent child relationship. In which Master represents Parent and detail represents Child. If Parent is deleted then Child also gets deleted. Rollup summary fields can only be created on Master records which will calculate the SUM, AVG, MIN of the Child records.
Up to 2 allowed to object.
Parent field on child is required.
Access to parent determines access to children.
Deleting parent automatically deletes child.
A child of one master detail relationship cannot be the parent of another.
Lookup field on page layout is required.
6. How can I create Many – to – Many relationship?
Lookup and Master detail relationships are one to many relationships. We can create many – to – Many relationship by using junction object. Junction object is a custom object with two master detail relationships.
7. A custom object contains some records, now my requirement is to create field in this object with master detail relationship. Can we create master detail relationship in this case?
No, directly we cannot create master details relationship if custom object contains existing records.
Following are the steps to create to create master-detail relationship when records are available in custom object.
- First create field with lookup relationship.
- And then associate look field with parent record for every record
3. Next change the data type of the field from look up to Master detail.
8. List examples of custom field types?
Text, Pick list, Pick list (multi select), Date, Email, Date/Time, Date, Currency, Checkbox, Number, Percent, Phone, URL, Text Area, Geolocation, lookup relationship, master detail relationship etc…..
9. What is TAB in Salesforce?
Tab is a user interface component to user creates to display custom object data.
There are three type of tabs.
Visual force Tabs
10. Does user can create insert their own custom logo, while creating their own custom applications?
Yes user can upload their custom logo in documents and then they choose that logo for organization.
11. List things that can be customized on page layouts?
We can customize different things on page layout like, Fields, Buttons, Custom Links and Related Lists. We can also create sections.