What is a case in salesforce ?
What is a Case in Salesforce? Here we learn about Cases in Salesforce.com, how can we create a case in salesforce, what is web to Case Form, how can we create Web to Case Form in salesforce.com.
Cases are the foundation of the Service Cloud and are used to track customer issues and inquiries. Cases are typically used to track and manage customer feedback, issues or questions. Cases can be created by support representatives, from web forms on your website (web-to-case), by customers themselves from the Customer Portal or directly from emails (email-to-case). New cases can be assigned directly to support agents, case teams or case queues using assignment rules. Cases allow you to interact with customer easily by sending and receiving email in one centralised location, replying with knowledge articles or solutions and managing entitlements more efficiently.
How to create a case in salesforce?
In Salesforce.com, Cases can be created to track customers issues and inquiries. Web to Case forms can also be created to gather customers requests directly from company or organization website. Web to Case forms are similar to Web to lead Forms. By using web to case forms we can generate 50, 000 cases per day automatically. To create a case in salesforce follow the steps given below.
Steps to create a case in salesforce?
- User must log on to salesforce.com.
- Now go to cases.
- Now click on New Button.
- Now enter Contact name, Account name, Status, Priority, Case origin, Subject and description for a case.
- Now you can click on Save or Save and close, Save and New, Check Spelling and Close.
- If you click on Save the Case will be Saved.
- If you click on Save and Close button, the case is save and the page is closed.
- If you click on Save and New button, the case is save and a new case page is opened,
- Click on cancel button, to cancel the created case.
What is a Web to Case Form?
Web to case forms are used to gather customers requests directly from company or organization website. Web to Case forms are similar to Web to lead Forms. By using web to case forms we can generate 50, 000 cases per day automatically.
- When Web to Case form is submitted salesforce.com runs field validation rules before creating any record.
- Rich text Area fields are not used in Web to Case forms because Rich Text Area fields are not supported by salesforce.com for web to case forms.
How to create Web to case Forms in Salesforce?
Creating Salesforce Web to Case Forms. Now we are going to create web to case forms in salesforce.com. Follow steps shown below.
- Go to Setup=>Customize=>Self-Service=>Web-to-Case.