Objects are database tables that allow us to store data specific to the organization in salesforce.
Two type of objects in Salesforce. They are.
1. Standard Objects: The objects provided by salesforce.com is called standard objects. Examples of standard objects are accounts, contacts, opportunities, Leads, products, campaigns, cases, users, contracts, Report, and dashboards, etc.
2. Custom Object: The objects created by us are called custom objects. Custom objects store information that is unique and important to your organization. Custom objects are the heart of any application. Custom objects provide a structure for sharing data.
Custom objects have properties such as
- Custom fields.
- Relationship to other objects.
- Page Layouts.
- A custom user interface tab
Creating Salesforce Custom Object
To create custom object go to Setup -> Build-> Create -> Objects ->Click on new custom object button and enter label name, plural label and object name.
And also enter Record Name according to the data type. There are two data types available to create record name, those are
- Auto Number.
And also we have the following optional features while creating an object.
- Allow reports: If we check this check box, then only these objects are available to create reports.
- Allow Activities: If we check this check box, then we can create activities on this object.
- Track Field History: If we check this check box then only we are to track fields. We can track up to 20 fields for a single object.
And also we following deployment Status
In development: If we check this check box, this object is still in development mode. This object is not available for deployments.
Deployed: After selecting this check box then only it will be available for deployment.
The following options are available only when creating a custom object first time.
Add notes and attachments related list
Launch a new custom tab wizard after saving this custom object
After completing all the details click on save.
If we do not select “Launch new custom tab wizard” from object creation page, the object will save without tab appearance. In this case, we have to create a tab for this object. If we select this check box, the object will save and a tab will be created and appeared.
A tab is a User interface to create records for an object and to view the records in objects.
In salesforce we three types of tabs
1. Custom object Tab
2. Web Tab
3. Visualforce Tab
The path to creating Custom tabs.
Setup -> Build -> Create -> Tab -> click on New tab and enter the details to complete the tab creation process.