- A salesforce application is a logical container for all of the objects, tabs, process and services associated with a given business function
- A salesforce application is a group of tabs that work as a unit to provide functionality
- We can customize existing app to match the way to work or build new apps by grouping standard and custom tabs.
- A force.com custom app consists of name, description, an ordered list of tabs and optionally a custom logo and a landing page.
- Salesforce provides standard apps such as Sales, Call center, Marketing and Community etc….
- Users can switch between apps using the force.com app drop-down menu at the top right corner of every page.
- There are two types of salesforce application one is Custom App and other one is Service cloud console.
Create Salesforce Application
To create an application in salesforce follow below-mentioned steps.
Setup -> AppSetup -> Create ->apps -> Click on ‘New’ -> Select custom application radio button ->Provide the name of App -> click on ‘Next’ button ->select the image from document object -> select the objects -> click on visible check box and save.
If we want to add this salesforce Application to any other profiles or add other tabs to this App we can do as follows
setup -> AppSetup -> create -> Apps -> select the App from the list and click on Edit -> If we want to change the image for the App click on ‘Insert an Image’ and take from documents. And if we want to add some more tabs to App we can select the Tabs from Available Tabs and click on ‘Add’ selected tabs will be moved to selected Tabs selection.
If we want to add our new application to any profile we can check the check boxes showing in the below image.